If there isn’t a current vacancy, you can still submit your cv and covering letter on a speculative basis.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Air Control Industries – At the forefront of air movement technology.
For more than fifty years we have been designing and manufacturing an extensive range of industrial fans; blowers; air knife systems; bottle and can drying systems; cable and wire drying equipment and personnel de-dusting units. Our commitment to providing the highest quality product possible and putting the customer at the heart of all we do has meant we continue to be at the very forefront of air movement technology.
As part of our expansion and future growth plans, we have an exciting new opportunity for a Manual Machinist to join our growing business.
What you’ll be doing:
Machining and manufacturing components, assembling products, fettling and grinding parts. If you like variety, this is the job for you!
Flexibility and adaptability are key capabilities for this position as well as well-developed all-round engineering skills. You will use your proven manual machining (manual milling and turning) experience to manufacture or alter parts. You then might assist in our fettling shop. Or perhaps you will be assembling one of our products to a high standard. As such, you will thrive on change and variety, and be happy to move around the factory as needed.
It’s vital that you can manufacture or machine components with minimal supervision and reading and interpreting engineering drawings will be straightforward for you. Much of our work is bespoke, so at times parts will be required as ‘one-offs’ or alternatively, in volume to fulfil customer requirements. You will also be competent at CNC setting and operations – ideally using XYZ Prototrak. CNC programming experience is not necessary, but we would hope that you would have the interest and capability to learn to programme in time, as training and development will be offered.
You will be able to demonstrate your ability to work on your own initiative, ensuring safe systems of work at all times. You will be part of a small team in our Sub-Assembly department, as well as being a member of our Production workforce – consequently, you will be a team player and liaise effectively with others across departments to get the job done. A can-do attitude is essential!
In return for your talents we will offer you:
• Competitive basic salary, between £25,000 and £28,000 per annum and discretionary bonus scheme after a qualifying period
• 39 hours a week 08.00Hrs – 17.00Hrs Monday – Thursday, Friday 08.00Hrs to 13.00Hrs
• Competitive package:
– Royal London Salary Sacrifice Personal Pension scheme
– Life Assurance
– 25 days holiday plus all statutory bank holidays
– Clean and modern working environment
– Christmas shutdown
– Onsite parking
Does this sound like the opportunity you have been looking for? We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter stating why you are interested and what you can offer to email@example.com
Trainee Sales Administrator
We are Air Control Industries – At the forefront of air movement technology.
As part of our expansion plans, we have an exciting new opportunity for a Trainee Sales Administrator to join us.
What you’ll be doing:
Working as part of our Sales Admin team you will be the first point of contact for our valued customers and suppliers. You’ll be coached and trained to quickly assess customer requirements, to enable you to manage and filter all the sales leads that come into us via our marketing activities, both on the phone and via email, making sure that our customers feel valued every step of the way.
You will manage our incoming sales email communications and keep customer information updated which plays a critical role in the smooth running of the whole business. You will also learn to enter orders onto our system, dealing with the full cycle of order processing right through to raising invoices to dealing with issues with faulty or products returned for repair. A high level of attention to detail is essential, the integrity of our customer data is important to every aspect of our business, and you will be committed to accuracy in your work. Our team of experienced Sales Engineers will be on hand to help guide you on any technical questions you might come across.
It’s essential you are a confident communicator, both written and verbal, as you’ll be helping us manage customer expectations all the way through the sales journey. This includes lead/quote follow-ups and after-sales support, as well as being self-assured to call up new or inactive customers to see whether we can help. Dealing with all sorts of customer questions and queries is also an important aspect of the role, so being calm under pressure is essential, and tactful handling of more difficult situations will sometimes be required.
As an international business that exports products all over the world, the paperwork and legalities which accompany the export process are now more important than ever since Brexit. You will be trained and developed to deal with all aspects of exporting our products, from arranging international freight to dealing with the official documentary evidence required to prove the products have been exported. This is a more complex aspect of the role and so a curious mind, ability to process a lot of information and follow detailed instructions is critical.
In addition, there will be a raft of basic admin duties such as filing, dealing with post, and all sorts of office-based activities – even helping organising social events for the Company, so the role will be really varied.
You’ll work closely with other departments such as Marketing and our Production teams when needed, so you will have a friendly, collaborative working style and be a team player.
The experience and capabilities you will need to apply:
- As a minimum, you will have 5 GCSEs at grade 5 to 9 (A-C) including English and Maths, and ideally, college qualifications – NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration would be extremely desirable
- Work experience of any kind would be well regarded but is not essential as on the job training will be given
- Analytical and comfortable with numbers/data analysis, competency in basic maths is essential
- You’ll know your way around and be very confident with all the Microsoft packages, particularly Word and Excel
- Able and happy to learn new computer systems
- Excellent communication skills – both written and spoken
- Highly organised & efficient, with a keen attention to detail and high standards
- Good listener, able to take instructions and work within strict guidance
- Happy to get involved in anything and everything
- Fast learner, isn’t fazed by change or circumstances shifting quickly
- Can-do attitude is key
- Team approach to work
In return for your talents we will offer you:
- Competitive basic salary plus discretionary bonus after qualifying period
- 37.5 hours a week, Monday – Thursday 08.15 – 5 pm (30 mins lunch break) Friday 08.15 – 12.45 pm
- Competitive package with Personal Pension scheme, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday plus all bank holidays
- Every Friday afternoon off, as the business closes at 12.45 pm
- Refurbished, bright, modern offices and onsite parking
- Christmas shutdown
About Air Control Industries:
For over fifty years Air Control Industries Ltd has been designing and manufacturing an extensive range of industrial fans; blowers; air knife systems; bottle and can drying systems; cable and wire drying equipment and personnel de-dusting equipment. Our commitment to providing the highest quality product possible and putting the customer at the heart of all we do has meant we continue to be at the very forefront of air movement technology.
Does this sound like the opportunity you have been looking for? We look forward to hearing from you. To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 30 September 2021.