If there isn’t a current vacancy, you can still submit your cv and covering letter on a speculative basis.
We look forward to hearing from you!
3D Design Engineer
We are Air Control Industries – At the forefront of air movement technology.
Fans and blowers; Air Knife systems; Bottle and can drying; Cable and wire drying; and Personnel de-dusting. Designing and manufacturing since 1969, based in beautiful East Devon, owner-managed and set for growth. This is a great time to join.
We’re looking for a 3D Design Engineer to join our established and experienced team based in Axminster. If a customer needs to move air, ACI can help, and our Engineering team are central to delivering the very best possible solution.
You will join a professional team of Design Engineers involved in the 3D design and specification of an extensive portfolio of industrial fans and blowers, air knife drying systems, and personnel cleaning equipment. Operating within our high-quality framework you will have the opportunity to work on interesting and varied projects, solving customer air movement problems by applying your engineering problem-solving skillset and flair for great design.
With customers all over the world, this is a chance to join a reputable, stable and growing business proud of its world-class reputation in the sector.
The Engineering team work closely together and collaboratively with the Sales and Production departments to design new products and modify existing products when needed. You will relish the chance to be part of a supportive team where you will be developed and challenged to learn more, enhancing your capabilities. You’ll be adept and experienced in using Inventor/AutoCAD to design and validate new products as well as modifying existing drawings to suit the needs of our customers. As well as the day to day tasks, you will be involved in the delivery of specific projects solving the customer’s air movement problem through to prototype, manufacture, testing and installation. We have an active and exciting New Product Development pipeline of products in various stages of progress.
Occasionally, you may be required to travel nationally or overseas to gather further information relevant to their drawing/design activities and to provide the standard of service and expertise our customers expect.
In the immediate circumstances with the Coronavirus pandemic, you will be required to work from home. A safe and practical workspace is therefore a necessity. You will be asked to spend some limited time in the factory as part of your induction, following our Covid-Safe working practises.
• 3 years + Engineering experience minimum, ideally in 3D design.
• A qualification in Engineering is preferred, but professional manufacturing engineering experience will also be considered.
• Time served on the shop floor will also be seen favourably.
• Time management and organisational skills expected as you need to be able to prioritise.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, builds strong relationships at all levels.
• Has the drive to see a project through the completion and is resilient.
• Happy to get stuck in and has the ability to see solutions not problems.
• Proficient using Inventor/AutoCAD as well as all Microsoft Office packages.
• Excellent written and spoken English with a keen eye for detail.
• A knowledge of electrics &/or electronics would be beneficial, but not essential.
In return for your talents we will offer you:
• Competitive salary based on experience and capability
• Training and development opportunities
• Competitive package with Pension, Discretionary Bonus, Life Assurance
• 25 days holiday plus all statutory bank holidays
• Every Friday afternoon off, as the business closes at 12.45 pm
• Modern offices based in Axminster, Devon, only 6 miles from the south coast
About Air Control Industries:
For fifty years Air Control Industries Ltd has been designing and manufacturing an extensive range of industrial fans; blowers; air knife systems; bottle and can drying systems; cable and wire drying equipment and personnel de-dusting equipment. Our commitment to providing the highest quality product possible and putting the customer at the heart of all we do has meant we continue to be at the very forefront of air movement technology. Could you be part of our future? We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter stating why you have the right experience to email@example.com