The soft start is used as a starting solution & is available through ACI. ACI are increasingly supplying either Soft Starters or Inverters as blower control options. Typically motors over 1.5kW need to started slowly to prevent current draw & circuit breaker tripping.
- Illuminated beacon
- Illuminated run/fault beacon
- Conveyor run or sensor run input
- 24v DC terminals
- Pre-wired to the blower motor
- Lockable door-mounted isolator.
- Housed in an IP65 stainless steel enclosure, with input power cable glands.
- Operate a minimum run time to provide blower start/stop production.
Variable Speed Electric Motor Controllers
Inverters are characterised by the extent of their power range, a feature that enables control of ‘asynchrous’ motors. Its advanced functions combined with exceptional open loop and closed loop performance provides an ideal solution to meet the requirements for complex and/or high power machines.
- Power Ranges: 0.18 to 90KW
- Voltage Ranges: 200/240V 1Ph
- 200/240V 3Ph / 380/480V 3Ph
- Enclosure Types: IP20 and IP54
- ATV650 Data Sheet
- ATV650 Video
The Star/Delta starter is probably the most commonly used reduced voltage starter and is available. Whenever a motor is started, it needs to start slowly to prevent the rotor overheating and drawing enormous current. When the windings of a motor are connected in STAR the current is reduced to root three – hence the motor ‘soft’ start.
Once the motor picks up speed, the connection is changed to DELTA so that the motor runs at full speed and torque then onwards.
Manual-Single Phase Electric Motor Controller (REE Type)
The REE range provides a simple solution to controlling the speed of fans. They have a manual dial which can control the fan speed from 20% to 100%. REE motor controllers can be used in conjunction with ACI Slimline Centrifugal fans, and are suitable for all the ebm-papst external rotor motors up to 10 Amp current rating.
- 230v 50/60Hz single phase AC input
- On/Off switch
- Internal pre-set for minimum speed
- Maximum ambient 40°C
- Two wire control = Simple connection or three wire control = Cooler running of fan motor and better response to speed adjustment.